THE BASICS: write a Christmas/Holiday wish list. It can be any 10 wishes you'd like to have granted, no matter what they are. Possible or seemingly impossible. People look and grant the wishes if they can. It's not about "OMFG PRESENTS", it's about making someone else's holiday a little brighter by giving. Personally, I get more out of giving than receiving sometimes. It's just a good feeling to give.
** Make a post in your journal. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") <- to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
** If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. In this case, you can always just note someone on dA for the sake of privacy.
** Make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your journal, so that others can join in and participate to spread the holiday joy!
** Surf this forum ( [link] ) and browse the lists. Here's the important part:
** If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
** You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
to get a job soon so things will be better for him
2. to see Becca, I'm not sure if it'll happen so shortly after christmas, but I've still got my fingers crossed.
3. Finding out how to unlock the Necrohol of Nabudis (FF12)
4. Big christmas bonuses for everyone in the world :3
5. My manager to get in the holiday spirit and stop being such a cunt.
6. For everyone to be with the people they most want to be with and be happy
7. A pack or two of Mint Chocolate Prime Times (fags)
8. Becca getting her car fixed
9. Becca and her brother, and hopefully their roomie too, getting a new place and getting back on their feet
10. Honestly, I don't think I have a tenth Christmas wish..but if ever I did, it would be that all my friends online and off, will find and know happiness, in whatever form it brings itself to them. I find that it's not always so easy to see happiness in our lives, but I'm sure it's there, no matter what it's just something that never dies.